Tuesday, November 17, 2009

MY Opinion on opinions!!!

Yep, everybody's got an opinion. There's lots of sayings about opinions-maybe as many sayings as there are opinions! LOL Have you ever noticed that most opinions don't really matter or count? Well I want my opinion to matter and count. As I reflect on that, I realize my opinion or matter isn't going to count unless it lines up with the Word of GOD. Maybe people of the world won't see it as mattering or counting, but GOD will. HE knows my heart, HE knows I long to live for HIM and delight in HIM. HE knows I want to honor HIM. So even though my opinion might not matter to the world, as long as my opinion lines up with the Word of GOD, I'm lined up with GOD.

Does that mean I should go around and bonk people over the head with my opinion? Well I think it probably depends on the issue. There are things that are clearly wrong with the world-but when we start attacking the sinner instead of the sin, what are we really doing? Are we walking in love as CHRIST walked in love? Are we showing the sinner forgiveness and truth?

How do we share our opinion in love? Do we go out petitioning, yelling and screaming, carrying signs of anti-our opinion? I think not....

I think this is when we need to get on our knees and pray and seek GOD. Seek forgiveness for our nation, seek forgiveness for ourselves, seek forgiveness for the sinner. We should pray that GOD will send loving Christians in the path of the sinner, to show them the love of JESUS, that will share the truth with them in a kind and loving way, not condemning, but by example.

Ephesians 6:12 (King James) says:
"For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places."

II Chronicles 7:14 (King James) says:
"If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then I shall hear from Heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land."

So unless our opinion lines up to GOD's word...we are just airing OUR opinion! So what does HIS Word say about my opinion?

Proverbs 18:2 (New International Version)
"A fool finds no pleasure in understanding but delights in airing his own opinions."

OUCH!!! Yep, I've been a fool before, even often! sigh, but thank GOD for HIS forgiveness and grace! Thank GOD that we can ask for HIS forgiveness when we are HIS children and HE is faithful and just to forgive us and cleanse us of all unrighteousness! (I John 1:9) Oh Hallelujah!!! Thank YOU, LORD!!!! HE knows we fall short. HE knows we're a work in progress, that's why HE continues to extend HIS grace, love, and forgiveness to us! (and that's why we should also to everyone)

If you're in need of HIS forgiveness today, just simply ask. HE's there with open arms, waiting. Don't be like the prodigal son that had to live with the pigs first, before he humbly asked for forgiveness. GOD didn't want that for the prodigal son and HE doesn't want that for us either! (just because HE doesn't want that for us, doesn't mean we won't get that if we're not willing to humble ourselves)

Blessings until next time!

0 comments: