Monday, January 21, 2008

BTDT...inspired...

Yep, I have....I've been there, done that....My friend, Angela aka Trustingdaily, wrote a beautiful blog about becoming distracted. Please take a moment to read it...I think we've all btdt...but I love her humility. It's beautiful, and it's inspired or encouraged me to make sure I got up and read my devotion and Bible this morning. (and hopefully again every morning) I have spent a day (more than one) sitting at my computer thinking, oh it's okay...there's always tomorrow...but truly knowing in my heart that's wrong. Knowing I should be spending time in the WORD with the LORD instead of encouraging my internet friends (not that there's anything wrong with that, but it shouldn't take the place of my time with the LORD or my family). So I encourage you today to do the same, if you're stuck in a rut, go back to your first love, challenge yourself to, before you do anything else in the morning, read HIS WORD, spend time with your family, set a time limit on the computer...that will probably be a challenge for me too...especially with a new laptop...but ya know what? We can do it! because WE CAN DO ALL THINGS THROUGH CHRIST WHICH STRENGTHENS US. Philipians 4:13 AMEN!!!???

And thanks, Angela, for allowing the LORD to humble you and share it with me.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You're right, I didn't know the dog food was in the dog house. You're welcome, anytime.
~C

Anonymous said...

Hey! glad you are back up posting. Life over at "the old stomping grounds" is..... interesting. I think my days there are VERY limited but it is my only contact with a couple of folks.... they are talking of starting their own blogs though so that would help. :) My shoulder is getting better, very slowly. Coming to Houston any time soon? Call me, I will TRY to be available.