Sunday, January 20, 2008

Sunday Sing-Along

WARNING: THIS IS SOMEWHAT GRAPHIC and to some CONTROVERSIAL!!!

Being brought up a devout Catholic and as a teen considering becoming a nun (yes, I'm serious and you can stop laughing now :P)
Abortion is major big topic...now that I'm a Christian abortion is still a big topic to me (and hopefully to all Christians) and since January 22nd will be the 35th anniversary of
Roe vs Wade I thought I would dedicated this song to all those unborn children. I know this isn't a praise or worship song, but it's close to my heart...because at one time I thought abortion was okay as long as I didn't have one...I thought it should be a woman's right...then shortly after my oldest dd was born I became pregnant again...and miscarried at my Dad's house on a Sunday afternoon. My dh was working (back then he was a shift worker for Dow Chemical). I had been cramping a slight bleeding for a day or so...When I went to the bathroom I miscarried and held my little one in my hand (I know gross, I apologize)...but it was from that point on I knew abortion was very wrong...there was a life no matter how very small it was (I was about 6-8 weeks along) and it was clearly a human baby, not some mass of tissue. My baby was formed and I could see the arteries and veins formed from the head through the little body. The eyes, etc taking shape. I will live with that image for the rest of my life, but GOD did something in me that day, he changed my heart. Thank YOU, LORD! and so for that I put this as my song for today.

1 comments:

Stacey said...

What a great post! I'm sorry about your miscarriage. That's heartbreaking.

I may "steal" this song for my blog tomorrow if you don't mind...