UGH!!! I haven't been to a dentist in 25 years...since my mom died...I think part of it was I had a fear deep inside of me that I could get an infection and die like my mom did...even though that's just stupid for SO MANY reasons...for one I don't have heart problems like my mom and two and more importantly, I'm healed because of JESUS' stripes and I don't have the spirit of fear...I think I also was concerned that I would have serious gum disease and have to have surgery...my mom, dad, and sister all have had it. Blech! Again, dumb stinkin' thinkin'...
The reason I went is because I'm having some pain on my upper left side.
The good news-
- My teeth are actually not in bad shape for not seeing a denist in 25 years. The dentist was actually quite amazed.
- No cavities
- No severe gum problems
- $212 for today, almost $2500 for all the cleaning and crown etc, and possibly more if I have to have a root canal. ICK!!!
- 3 hours, mostly just waiting...which is the most irritating thing of the whole ordeal
- I have a cracked 12yr molar
- I will have to have a crown put on
- I have to have deep cleaning on the gums...hey it sure beats the alternative-surgery!
- After all that money and time, my tooth still hurts :(
- Dh made it safely back to SC-thank you for all of you that prayed.
- The adjuster looked at dh's truck today. Repairs will run about $1300, the other guy did indeed have insurance and they are going after his to pay for damage.
- Someone looked at the house today-hopefully they are interested in it...I'll find out later.
- We saw 5 wild turkeys in our yard today.
- I entertained the dental staff, but didn't get any discounts :P
Blessings until next posting...
Oh and btw...I did ask for the x-rays for my blog...they wouldn't give them to me! LOL And I told the dentist he would be tonight's blog subject.