Thursday, July 1, 2010

Not sure what to say...

Got this email from someone I love very much the other day:

 Don't forget to say a "blessing" for Mom's soul today!

I did all I could not to respond with something like:

What good will it do?  She's either in Heaven or Hell.  There's no inbetween. 

OR

The soul is the mind, will, and emotions. It won't do any good to pray for her soul.

sigh...or a number of other things that came racing to my mind.  But I withheld my thoughts and closed the email. 

My family member (I thought) came to know the LORD about 10 years ago.  Now I question it.  I think they are going to some weird church with their spouse.  The spouse was brought up in a cult religion. 

I am very concerned about this person. I would appreciate prayers, as I sift through this in my head, as to what I should say and how I should say it. 

Blessings until next time!

2 comments:

Leah Courtney said...

It is hard to know how to deal with things like this-especially when the people say they are Christians.:(

I passed a blog award on to you today- A Blog of Substance. I always enjoy reading your blog. :-)

The Red Brick Farmhouse said...

Stopping by to say, HI!!!!

Love and miss you, my precious friend!