Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Church Billboard

We made it safely to SC, but not without incident...but I'll share that later.
We don't have internet connection, except if we drive up to RV owner's property...can't get wireless connection down where we are at. :( Dh is still trying to work on it.
I didn't realize that SC's church poplulation was mainly Baptist...interesting to say the least. Literally every corner there is a Baptist church!

Today while running errands I read on a church billboard..."Love your enemies. You made them!" Can you say IGNORANT???

IGNORANT from Dictionary.com

–adjective
1.
lacking in knowledge or training; unlearned: an ignorant man.
2.
lacking knowledge or information as to a particular subject or fact: ignorant of quantum physics.
3.
uninformed; unaware.
4.
due to or showing lack of knowledge or training: an ignorant statement.
[Origin: 1325–75; ME ignora(u)nt <>ignore; see -ant]

If I recall off the top of my head, JESUS was telling us to love our enemies because HE was speaking to believers and reminding us to love our enemies because it is not us they are against, it is HIM! When are people going to realize that sometimes others don't like us, are offended by us because of the light shining in us? We serve a REAL GOD and there is a REAL devil.
Ephesians 6:12 reminds us...
For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.

Okay, rant over...

Blessings until next time...(and I look forward to being online daily soon)

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

hmmm very interesting, anyhoot I wanted to swing by and say .....HI!


Your friend from the Lounge

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear you got there okay. Share the adventures! lol It was good seeing you and talking. I don't have a lot of folks I can share stuff with (uh, can we say I don't have anyone here.... lol) and it was good to know you were there and I could ask for prayer. Thanks!

Susan said...

You made a great post out of a wrong statement :o)
Susan

Anonymous said...

Good to hear ya'll made it safely. Take care!
I'll be praying for your adventure!

Anonymous said...

Welcome to South Carolina, Bobbi! I'm glad you've had an introduction to some of the local culture. ;-)

Seriously, I am glad you all have made it here, and I hopw you get things worked out soon for your internet connection.

Leah
http://www.homeschoolblogger.com/lcourtneymom/

Stacey said...

Hey Bobbi! I've missed you!!!! Glad you got there safely.

Oh...you are in Baptist territory, aren't ya! And not the regular Baptist that you'd find up north...there is a difference. I know. I'm going to a Baptist church that is going to drop the name Baptist and go without a denominational title because of the bad reputation in this area. I'm really not sure why they ever put Baptist in the name anyhow other than the fact that we share some of the same doctrinal beliefs...but it's not "Baptist" doctrine. It's Bible doctrine! They don't own it. They would kick our church out of their camp anyway. We are so different than the Baptists in our area. Okay...now I'm getting started on a rant. Better stop!

Hope you find a good church home.
Love ya,
Stacey