Tuesday, December 23, 2008

By far one of the most embarassing moments in my life...

Warning: gross subject matter!!!


Today, I went to the post office to mail some packages. My younger two children were with me. While waiting in line, I was filling out a form for a certified letter and writing out some checks for bills. My kids were goofing off. (Not loud, just being silly) So when they said softly, "Mom you have a booger in your nose."
I thought they meant they were looking up my nose. I replied, "I'll get it when I go to the van." I didn't realize they meant everyone could see it! Great, now I'll be remembered by the postman as the lady with a booger sticking out her nose! sigh and yeah, it's possible. We live in a small town...

At this point all I can do is laugh, because you can choose to do one of two things...laugh or cry...and I choose to laugh...and oh well, I'm sure I brought a smile to someone's face...because they were thinking, "I'm glad it's her and not me!"

I think I'm par for this year!

7 comments:

Susan said...

Good for you in being brave enough to share this will all of us. In the scope of things it truly is a small thing. Merry Christmas to you.
Susan

Anonymous said...

If it was that super-slow dude, he deserves to see your boogers.
That doesn't really sound quit right, does it?
LOL!

Anonymous said...

Well, moments like that just serve to keep you humble. Good to be able to laugh at it.

Merry Christmas!!!
hugs,
Rosemary

Anonymous said...

Oh, hold your head high! I like friends who do things that are sometimes less then perfect. It makes me realize that they will accept me as is.

I haven't mailed all the things I was supposed to for Christmas -- too late!

bubbebobbie said...

How nice of your kiddos to tell you! I live in a small town too, the only difference is Bob would have handed me a kleenex... sorry.
Hope you have a booger free Christmas.
Because of Jesus,
Bobbie

marky said...

You already know..I laughed my self silly on this one!

katrina said...

that was priceless!! thank you for sharing so we can laugh along with you! I needed a laugh this morning.
~katrina