Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Guess where I spent yesterday afternoon?

Remember the tax, title, and license (for dh's truck) story from a week or so ago? Yes, I spent yesterday there again. Guess what? I had NO problem getting the license and paying the taxes. I don't know what that one lady's problem was...other than she was rude and didn't know her job correctly....but I left with plates in hand!

Hope to have a success story on the college front too...haven't heard anything from them...

Thanksgiving went well, for those of you wondering. I had everything done as planned. I did not make a pumpkin cheesecake...just as well...no one even made the pie I made. I did however still feel like I didn't get enough visit time in with family. I guess that's the way it is sometimes. It didn't help that the dog ran off...and ds wanted me to help him find the goofy mutt. I think, however, I won't be hosting anymore. I complain every year about how my family leaves the dishes for me to do. :( My sister helped by washing a few dishes before dinner...she made the comment that was all she was good for or something. sigh...My dd and my dh's nephew's wife helped....even though my dd had helped do the cooking and had to work all weekend, and dh's nephew's wife had recently had surgery. I guess maybe over the years I've either made it be know I want to do dishes (ummm-not) or maybe my family doesn't realize or appreciate how much I worked on the meal. Whatever!!! If I do host, I think we will have take out BBQ on paperplates. :P

Well I guess that's it for now.
Blessings until next time!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Somehow I can't picture you doing take out on paper plates for Thanksgiving. LOL

If it really bothers you, then you should not host anymore. No point in getting yourself into a situation where you know you will get aggravated.

Sounds like a great meal, though! I always do dishes---I'm not much of a cook, so I figure it's only fair that I help clean up. This year my nieces did most of it, though---very nice!

I'm so glad you got the tax/license plate thing fixed. Jeepers!

It was so nice chatting with you last night! Hope to find you there again soon.

love ya'
Rosemary