Monday, December 15, 2008

UGH! FAMILY and prayer...

Family can be so frustrating at times! We are suppose to have a Christmas gathering this weekend with my side of the family. I don't know if my sister or my older of the my brothers are coming or not...long story...but it boils down to I'm tired of being in the kitchen all day cooking and some of the family doesn't realize the amount of time and effort I put into it. I enjoy it-don't get me wrong, BUT at the end of the day I would like help with the dishes. When I prepare a meal it's not just the cooking. There's first getting back to the house-so traveling, planning, shopping, cooking, cleaning, the amount of money I spend...so when I ask for help with the dishes and my sister says, "I did my share of dishes before dinner" umm you hopefully understand my frustration!

So I sent out this email to the family members as a joke to relieve my frustrations last week... (I have several frustrations with my sister)

Family~
The plan after discussing with Dad and Annie is to get together on Saturday, Dec. 20th at Hank and my house.

Becki has graciously offered to make lasagne or pick up BBQ from Rudy's. Afterwards she's volunteered to do all the dishes to thank Stephanie and I for all our hard work of cooking and cleaning most of the dishes at Thanksgiving. Please contact her with what you would prefer (lasagne or BBQ)and coordinate what you can bring to help. I will do desserts.

Love,
Bobbi


This is the email my sister replies back to the whole family:
BOBBI IS A LIAR! I HAVE NOT OFFERED TO BUY RUDY'S (ONE, CAUSE NOBODY ASKED, TWO, BECAUSE I DON'T CARE FOR RUDY'S, AND THREE, I'M NOT SPENDING THAT KIND OF MONEY ON FOOD). BOBBI, I DON'T APPRECIATE YOUR 'JOKE'! I DID HELP WITH DISHES AT YOUR HOUSE. IF YOU'D LIKE MY PRESENCE ON THE 20TH, I EXPECT A HUGE APPOLOGY. BTW, I DON'T RECALL CRAIG, DRUE OR DAD DOING DISHES EITHER

Apparently, My sister not only didn't like and get my joke, but doesn't realize how much work it is to prepare dinner. I really did send it out as a joke...I didn't expect my sister to react so drastically! Usually, when we have a joke like this she laughs and says something like, "Good one, but I won't be doing any of that!" So now, who knows if she'll be there or not...anyone want a new Kitchen-aid Salad Spinner for Christmas? LOL

Here's a good reason not to be angry with family:
Please pray for my url friend, Beth, again. She has a malignant brain tumor, a grade 4 out of a possible 4. :( I know all things are possible with GOD and HE can heal her. I would appreciate you all agree with me in prayer just that.

Also, will you please pray for my url friend, Stacey. Stacey has MS and this past month has been confined to a wheel chair and NOT only that, but her mom's house burned down. :( This must be so sad for her, I think it was the house Stacey grew up in. I can't even imagine!

Thanks and Blessings until next time!


4 comments:

Susan said...

I'm sorry you're having so much trouble on this issue. I remember hearing about 20 some years ago "You need to pick your battles", meaning most things aren't worth getting upset about. Believe me, since I've adopted this form of approaching things it has made my life much happier and easier. Hope you all work it out.
Susan

Leah Courtney said...

I'm sorry, Bobbi. I know how these things can be.
BTW, I'll be your sister and take the salad spinner. ;-)

Anonymous said...

I feel your pain, Bobbi! My in-laws are legalistic extraordinaires. My MIL shot off an email to me after a family gathering of a list of dress code violations I committed. My knee length shorts and v neck tee shirt caused her to be uncomfortable for my FIL,BIL & grandsons that were present. My offense was that part of my thigh showed. She even quoted a scripture verse stating that I was naked because my thigh showed.

Oh, the joys of family!!! Gee, I can't wait to get together with DH's family next week.....

Sandi from THL

Anonymous said...

Poor Bobbi! Don't you hate it when a joke falls flat? Sounds like your sister is feeling some guilt; too bad she's taking it out on you. I'd come and be happy to help with the dishes, as long as I don't have to cook! But I wouldn't know what to do with a salad spinner. LOL

You mentioned in chat that your family issue was resolved---was this it? I can't remember what evening that was---if it was just yesterday, or before that. Side effect of being sick so long---I have no idea what day it is.

On a good note, I'm feeling a bit better today---not good, but a little better. yeah.

I hope you have the best Christmas ever this year!

love and hugs to you,
Rosemary