Wednesday, October 14, 2009

3 days in a row...house cleaning

For the past 3 days I've woke up around 4-4:30 am. Anyone that knows me, knows I don't do mornings well. I've gotten better over the years, and can tolerate them, and even enjoy them most of the time.

It's been interesting, because I've woke up singing praises to the LORD or praying. This morning I woke up singing, and then I started praying, and then I was reminded of one of my favorite sayings. "If you come to see my house, please make an appointment, If you've come to see me come on in." I started thinking what on earth am I thinking this at this time of the morning???

The LORD spoke gently to my heart. (I love when HE does that) HE said, "Many people try to make appointments with me to get saved. They plan on inviting me in when their heart is clean and pure. Other people let me in with their hearts just as they are." Hmmmmmmmm, I wonder why I've always liked that saying? I never looked at it as a spiritual cleaning. How true that is! So many times people think they don't need GOD to come in until they get everything in order (as if that will ever happen!!!) They try to be a better person first. They try to do all the right things, and change in their own power. I have news for you, that doesn't work!!!

The LORD said, in Matthew 11:28-30:
28Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.
29Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls.
30For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light


Praise GOD for HIS salvation! Praise GOD that we don't have to carry the burden ourselves or try to change in our own power! I'm so thankful for HIS salvation! I'm so thankful that HIS mercies are new everyday! I'm so thankful that we can go to HIM and ask for forgiveness and HE is faithful and just to forgive us of our sins and cleanse us from all unrighteousness. Thank YOU, LORD!!!

If you are struggling with your walk with the LORD, I urge you to go to HIM today, and ask HIM to help you. Ask HIM in. We don't have to have everything in order and perfect before HE comes over. HE can make it perfect, without our help (other than just our asking).

Blessings until next time!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Totally awesome! I love when God speaks to us and we hear him!

Thank you for sharing!
Love ya!

The Red Brick Farmhouse said...

What an awesome post, my friend! May I share this on my blog?

Love you~
Dorie

Jenileigh said...

I so needed to read this. Thanks for this Bobbi.

Disney for Boys said...

Wonderful post Bobbi, so glad you shared this with us! I also needed to hear this!!!