Tuesday, October 20, 2009

I DON'T NEED a BAND-AID!!!

Have you ever noticed how people (the body of Christ) are looking for a band-aid instead of the solution?

Instead of proclaiming the WORD of GOD over a situation, they will whine and cry until GOD does something...to ease the pain. All they are asking GOD for is a band-aid, not the solution!

What are we to do when we get sick?
What are we to do when we lack financially?
What are we to do when we get lonely?
What are we to do when the enemy attacks us or allows others to attack us?

We are suppose to go to the solution, not ask GOD for a band-aid!!!
What is the solution? GOD's WORD. It's true, it's living, it's our hope! We can find any answer to any problem in there (except maybe the answer to your kid's algebra problem....lol :P) Go find the verses for your problem, meditate on them, read them, pray them.

Know what else is part of the solution? (I've known this part, but really starting to put it into practice lately.) FASTING.

I've been reading Jentzen Franklin's book "fasting" again. Here are some quotes I find noteworthy:

"What if GOD were hungry and all we feed HIM is our same dull religious routines day after day? Just like ending up with meat loaf on the table night after night, I can just hear our HEAVENLY FATHER sighing, 'Religion again?'"

"We can become overly nourished on a hefty diet of church programs and activities, religious structure, and traditions of men and yet be severely undernourished when it comes to the deeper things of GOD"

"Faith is progressive. Faith never gets in a bad situation and says, 'I'm just going to sit here and die. It's over.' Faith never stands in the desert, having a pity party with everything drying up around it. You walk by faith. You don’t stand still, drowning in your misery. When you get into the wilderness, you keep walking; you keep going forward even if you are only an inch of progress with each step. When you get into battles, you keep saying, 'I will move forward.'"

I want the deeper things of GOD, I don't want to settle for a band-aid. I don't want just a sickness to go away. I don't want to be sick anymore EVER!
I don't want just enough to scrape by, I want my to be debt free!

How can we get into the deeper things of GOD if we're not willing to do what HE's called us to do? I want that faith, I want to inch forward if that's all I can do to go forward! I'm not standing still! I'm not taking the religious mumbo jumbo anymore! I'm standing on the WORD of GOD. I choose to go forward and not retreat! How about you? What are you going to do today? For that matter, from here on out?

I encourage you to read "fasting" by Jentzen Franklin. But mostly, I encourage you to dig deeper into the things of GOD-HIS WORD. "Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding." Proverbs 3:5

Blessings until next time!

1 comments:

Susan said...

What a great post, Bobbi. Me too!! I want ALL God has for me. I don't want in the river up to my ankles or my knees but up completely over my head!!
Susan