Tuesday, October 13, 2009

wow, 2 weeks...

I thought I would be getting back into the swing of things as far as blogging...but it's just not that interesting anymore. Life is life...it's hectic, it's cold, and I'm dealing with trying to stay joyful and not complain and remember GOD is in control, and I live by HIS WORD and not circumstances or emotions.

Hmm...so on that note...here's the latest and greatest...
It snowed on and off all weekend. Nothing stuck...thank goodness. The night temps have been averaging 22*F and the day temps are in the low 30's.

We still aren't in the house...and might not be anytime soon. The new owner still hasn't been able to close on the property, so everything is in limbo. sigh...again trusting GOD!

The mouse left...I think he ate the poison and went to find water. (He probably told his family he was going out for a pack of smokes-roflol)

We went on a field trip that I coordinated last week to a place called Dakota Carriage Company. Would have been really fun if my kids were about 5...not so fun now that they are older...not to mention it was too cold and so the picnic...well it didn't really happen, so I still don't know many of the homeschoolers here.

DH's Great Aunt Emmy past away last week. It was sad that we couldn't go home for the funeral, but we both felt it wasn't necessary. She will be sorely missed. She taught Doodles and me how to make homemade bread (um without the bread machine). So we have some wonderful memories of her. :)

Joe Bug is doing robotics this year...guess who are the coaches??? What was I thinking? and why did I volunteer dh? sigh... Joe Bug isn't wild about robotics...but it might get better, at least he's making friends.

Doodles got a job at the Family Christian Bookstore. She is really enjoying working there. It's quite the drive though. Maybe she can make enough to rent a small apartment or rent a room and not have to deal with the drive. It would be nice if she could get a regular schedule and work during the days.

Our house still hasn't sold...we are hoping for the best. It's not looking good in the natural, but we continue to trust that GOD has a perfect plan, even if we don't understand what it is. In the natural, we can't afford it anymore. Again, we choose NOT to trust in circumstances or emotion, but the very WORD of GOD. So prayers would be appreciated.

I think that's all for now.
Blessings until next time! (who knows when that will be...)

2 comments:

Rosemary said...

Nice to hear what's new with you. I've missed you! Still praying with you.
hugs,
Rosemary

The Red Brick Farmhouse said...

I LOVE MY CHEESEY!!

My friend, I am praying for you! God WILL provide for you and your family. Please keep your chin up and don't let the little things in life get you down. You know I am ALWAYS here if you need me.

CALL ME!

Love you bunches~
Dorie