Saturday, October 31, 2009

Food for thought Part 6

So in closing, I say stay prayed up, be thankful for what He has done and don’t get comfy. What I said above does not mean you will be perfect. What it means is that being human, you and I will (until we are made whole), make mistakes. It is a juncture that “Fear God” comes into play. For years I always thought that that meant if God got peeved that he was going to kill us all. Not the case. In reality “Fear God” means to reverence him. He knows that we are going to fail. He should he created us, so with that in mind, the reverence comes by way of knowing what “He” is capable of doing, and knowing that when we fail, we can come to him for forgiveness, hoping that some day we will no longer fall into that thing that so easily besets us. This gives a whole new meaning to “Love God hate sin”. Instead of just going through the motions we really mean it. Funny thing is that God is the only one that can decipher the true heart from the one that is just playing games. I have known many “arm chair “people that play church. I am saddened that they do what they do, because their actions affect not only themselves but others around them. The picture they paint gives some the ability to hate Christ even more because for most of the lost, the only Christ they see is what we show as Christians. All I can do is pray for them and if I find I am at fault, I ask God to forgive me in my follies and to help me to not do the things that cause me to fail (SIN) But to do the things I am supposed to do. Doesn’t mean I will but I know the struggle, and hope that “Plan A” would complete itself in me some day. Thank you Jesus.
Henry Santana Jr.

0 comments: