Wednesday, June 23, 2010

A Servant Heart...

 I have trouble serving people when they want to be served, however, I do not have a problem serving them on my own time and terms.  The problem with this is, I'm not serving with a servant's heart, when someone is needing to be served.  :( 

Does that make sense?  For example, my dear husband needs me to do something-like bring him something or assist him with a project....often I get annoyed or I'm busy and get stressed over it.  This is not a servant's heart.  Somehow, because of this, I have past this on to my children.  (big moan....)

I was convicted of this this morning.  I started thinking about how my kids complain when they have to help their dad.  Ugh, I've taught them this.  sigh...The LORD reminded me that them (or me) serving their earthly dad (for that matter, my earthly dad) is preparation for serving their HEAVENLY FATHER.

So, I guess the first thing we must do, is ask for forgiveness, after discussing it.  Hopefully, we will move forward in the right direction.  Prayer would be appreciated.  It's not always easy changing and growing. 

Blessings until next time.

1 comments:

Rosemary said...

Praying with you.
hugs,
Rosemary