Tuesday, October 14, 2008

A reminder...to myself and anyone else that might need one. :)

This is a portion from here...

If any of you have read my blog, you know my dh's job has kept us on the road a lot over the years...we've lived in many different situations...a motel, a tent, an rv, an apartment, etc...GOD has been faithful and has helped me grow so much in each of these situations, but there also was a time where my dh was unemployed for two years and we didn't have any money coming in. That was REALLY a stretch for me to grow and learn and at the time I couldn't see or understand what GOD was doing. Now I can look back and see GOD's hand in it all. I had to learn to trust GOD completely...it didn't happen quickly! I was working at a preschool and I was going through the whole idea of "at least this is some kind of income...we can at least buy groceries with this..." and also I was struggling with the desire to work or stay home. Thinking I needed to be doing something with my life...a career...I was working in a preschool to become a director...GOD told me to quit my job..."NO, GOD not THAT! How will we put food on the table? How will we do this or that...?" GOD said, "TRUST me" "Oh yeah GOD, I do, but we still need money... " "NO, Trust me"...so this went on for a while...I finally yielded...but still worried and was scared...but GOD, HE wasn't worried or scared...imagine that? GOD not worried or scared??? Then over a period of time...as I read my Bible and memorized and learned scripture...I came to the point where I realized GOD is my PROVIDER, not a job, not my dh, not anything except GOD HIMSELF....too bad it took 2 years to figure this out...I really look back now and think if I had figured this out sooner, my dh would have had a job much sooner, but GOD was growin' me up and stretching me.

Phillipans 4:19 "But my GOD shall supply all your need according to HIS riches in glory by CHRIST JESUS"

3 John 2 "Beloved, I wish above all things that thou mayest prosper and be in health, even as thy soul prospereth"

Psalm 37:25 "I have been young, and now am old; yet have I not seen the righteous forsaken, nor his seed begging bread."

Psalm 34:10 "The young lions do lack, and suffer hunger: but they that seek the LORD shall not want any good thing."

Psalm 23:1 "The LORD is my shepherd; I shall not want."

Deuteronomy 28:2-8 "And all these blessings shall come on thee, and overtake thee, if thou shalt hearken unto the voice of the LORD thy God.
Blessed shalt thou be in the city, and blessed shalt thou be in the field.
Blessed shall be the fruit of thy body, and the fruit of thy ground, and the fruit of thy cattle, the increase of thy kine, and the flocks of thy sheep.
Blessed shall be thy basket and thy store.
Blessed shalt thou be when thou comest in, and blessed shalt thou be when thou goest out.
The LORD shall cause thine enemies that rise up against thee to be smitten before thy face: they shall come out against thee one way, and flee before thee seven ways.
The LORD shall command the blessing upon thee in thy storehouses, and in all that thou settest thine hand unto; and he shall bless thee in the land which the LORD thy God giveth thee."

Deuteronomy 28:11-13 "And the LORD shall make thee plenteous in goods, in the fruit of thy body, and in the fruit of thy cattle, and in the fruit of thy ground, in the land which the LORD sware unto thy fathers to give thee.
The LORD shall open unto thee his good treasure, the heaven to give the rain unto thy land in his season, and to bless all the work of thine hand: and thou shalt lend unto many nations, and thou shalt not borrow.
And the LORD shall make thee the head, and not the tail; and thou shalt be above only, and thou shalt not be beneath; if that thou hearken unto the commandments of the LORD thy God, which I command thee this day, to observe and to do them:"

Luke 6:38 "Give, and it shall be given unto you; good measure, pressed down, and shaken together, and running over, shall men give into your bosom. For with the same measure that ye mete withal it shall be measured to you again."

I Corinthians 16:2 "Upon the first day of the week let every one of you lay by him in store, as God hath prospered him, that there be no gatherings when I come"

Malachi 3:10-12"Bring ye all the tithes into the storehouse, that there may be meat in mine house, and prove me now herewith, saith the LORD of hosts, if I will not open you the windows of heaven, and pour you out a blessing, that there shall not be room enough to receive it.
And I will rebuke the devourer for your sakes, and he shall not destroy the fruits of your ground; neither shall your vine cast her fruit before the time in the field, saith the LORD of hosts.
And all nations shall call you blessed: for ye shall be a delightsome land, saith the LORD of hosts."

II Corinthians 9:6-8 "But this I say, He which soweth sparingly shall reap also sparingly; and he which soweth bountifully shall reap also bountifully.
Every man according as he purposeth in his heart, so let him give; not grudgingly, or of necessity: for God loveth a cheerful giver.
And God is able to make all grace abound toward you; that ye, always having all sufficiency in all things, may abound to every good work:"

Matthew 6:31-33 "Therefore take no thought, saying, What shall we eat? or, What shall we drink? or, Wherewithal shall we be clothed?
(For after all these things do the Gentiles seek:) for your heavenly Father knoweth that ye have need of all these things.
But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you."
**************************************
During that time, we didn't have health insurance part of that period of time. My dh was helping a guy waterblast (pressure washed) and paint a house to make some money. My dh accidently tripped over the hose and waterblasted his leg and had a huge hole in it. The guy he was working with took him to the emergency room. The doctors siad there wasn't really anything they could do because of where it was located. They gave my dh some antibiotics and sent him home. "Oh GREAT, another challenge...GOD don't YOU know this not having a job thing is hard enough? What have we done wrong?" We have a really good friend that my dh and I decided to call and ask him to come over and pray over my husband's leg. You have to understand his leg was swollen the size of an elephant's leg. There was all that water that had been sprayed up into it not to mention all the dirt and stuff in it. We waited all afternoon for our friend to come over. Right before our friend got there my dh had changed the bandage. When our friend got there, he was hestitant to pray because of the severity of the wound, but he went ahead and prayed anyways...As he was praying over my dh's leg, you could see water just pouring out of the leg, and the swelling kept going down and down. My dh then said, as he looked at his leg and only a very small size cut was there, "I can live with that"...right when he said that the water stop coming out, the swelling was all gone...then my dh realized if he hadn't siad anything GOD would have completely healed the wound...but the neat thing is my dh has a very small scar on his leg and to us it is proof that that's where GOD performed a miracle!
***********************************************************
I Peter 2:24 "Who his own self bare our sins in his own body on the tree, that we, being dead to sins, should live unto righteousness: by whose stripes ye were healed."

Psalm 103:3 "Who forgiveth all thine iniquities; who healeth all thy diseases;"

Isaiah 53:5 "But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and with his stripes we are healed."

Jeremiah 17:14 "Heal me, O LORD, and I shall be healed; save me, and I shall be saved: for thou art my praise"

Jeremiah 30:17a "For I will restore health unto thee, and I will heal thee of thy wounds, saith the LORD"

Exodus 15:26 "And said, If thou wilt diligently hearken to the voice of the LORD thy God, and wilt do that which is right in his sight, and wilt give ear to his commandments, and keep all his statutes, I will put none of these diseases upon thee, which I have brought upon the Egyptians: for I am the LORD that healeth thee."

Proverbs 4:20-22 "My son, attend to my words; incline thine ear unto my sayings.
Let them not depart from thine eyes; keep them in the midst of thine heart.
For they are life unto those that find them, and health to all their flesh."

Psalm 107:20 "He sent his word, and healed them, and delivered them from their destructions."

James 5:14,15 "Is any sick among you? let him call for the elders of the church; and let them pray over him, anointing him with oil in the name of the Lord:
And the prayer of faith shall save the sick, and the Lord shall raise him up; and if he have committed sins, they shall be forgiven him"
**********************************************

Blessings

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks Bobbi, I needed this. I am wondering how we are going to pay for fuel---we need a delivery, and don't have the money to pay for it. I need to remember that God supplies all my needs, not my dh's job/salary.
All I need is a grain of mustard seed, right?
Thanks, sister.
love you!
Rosemary

Brownie said...

oh what a grand read that was! I'm so glad I came by your site. It's a wonderful reminder of the faithfulness of God. I do have to remind myself that God is in control, He knows what has happened to me, and what is in my future. He doesn't slap His forehead and say "Huh? I didn't see THAT one coming!" :)