Saturday, November 22, 2008

Where has the week gone? Momma told me there'd be days like this!

Goodness! It's been since Tuesday since I've posted anything! I apologize...it's just been one of those weeks. Wednesday, I felt sluggish all day...kinda like this...

Then Thursday I spent the day helping dd finish up the paper trail on complaints to the college...did I share that? We are asking for our money back on two online courses. One she was dropped from because the instructor said she was a procastinator! Apparently, the instructor didn't get her assignments for whatever reason-we think it's computer issues on our end...and when dd contacted the instructor, after finding out she'd been dropped from the cash office...the day we finish paying off the $1300 in tuition-UGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!! The instructor told her she couldn't be accepted back into the class. sigh....

The other course is an online History class...and dd never could get the assignment to open. She tried to contact the instructor several times, and he never got back with her. She finally got a hold of the dept head about a week ago. His suggestion was to drop the course...well that's all fine and good, ummm but what about the money? Duh!!!

After filing the necessary complaints, getting all the documentation together, etc...we dropped the complaints off. Then I rush to the tax office near downtown-about an hour away from home. (30 minutes from where we were at) Mind you I had called to ask what were the necessary papers etc that I needed. This is to pay taxes on the new truck that dh got in SC...the one that the dealership (McKinney Dodge-so anyone from SC knows not to do business with them :P) told us they would take care of the tax, title, and license...and lied to make the sale...and then several weeks later called and told us because we don't have the proper SC insurance, blah, blah, blah (btw we have Farmer's Ins) we can't get the license, etc there.

The TX tax office had sent me a form saying they had all the necessary papers from the dealership had arrived and I needed to bring in proof of insurance and the money...I call to make sure the amount hadn't changed. The lady couldn't find the paperwork under my name. She couldn't find it under dh's name...she couldn't find it under the vin number...

why did you all send me tha paper work saying you had it? (just a thought...I never said it...) She transfer me to someone else, they had it and said the lady wasn't looking in the right spot. Do I need anything else? NO...

I rush down there. It's 4:35 pm...they close at 5:30...I got there by 5. I run in...I hand my papers to the receptionist...she asks, "Do you have your title?" "Um NO, You all suppose to have it." She looks the paperwork over again, "Oh I see!" (Oh well thank goodness you can!!! No, I didn't say it...) She gives me a number...I wait...

My number is called...I go to the necessary desk...weird office set up...numbers in flashing neon lights above each desk...hand the gal my paperwork. She has someone helping her...not sure if she's new or not...the gal preceeds to tell me after getting the necessary papers (the title, etc) that the title is signed dh OR my name...which according to what she said...in the state of TX, we don't acknowledge the word OR...therefore your dh needs to be here too. Is he? "NO...why didn't you tell me this on the phone? The paper work is in mine name, and why does the form you sent me say that if he wants to be on it, he needs to come down here, not that he has to?" "I don't know ma'am. Someone was incorrect" "FINE, thank you" I leave....

Call dh when I get to the car with smoke fuming out of my ears!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Dh says go back in and tell them (and I have no clue what he says, because I'm so mad) and I tell him NO, I've already left. He asks for their number, I tell him to look online...he calls me back a few minutes later. He spoke to a stupidervisor...according to the stupidvisor the other gal was wrong...that's the way it use to be....well great...now it's 5:35...the office is closed and I'm stuck in rush hour traffic!!! again...NOT HAPPY!!!

On the way home, I'm trying to figure out what's for dinner...I've heard ds complain all afternoon about being hungry....I'm thinking...nothing is thawed, we have no leftovers...what are we going to have??? I know Pancakes, eggs, and bacon...but we're almost out of eggs and bacon...I'll pick some up on the way home at Super Target...

Guess what???? NOT so Super Target!!! I go get the stuff with the girls...by this time ds has officially driven me nuts and I tell him to stay in the van! We get some yummy ham steaks and some cinnamon rolls, eggs, and bacon. We check out...I buy some yummy raisinettes....to help me feel better...we go out to the van...drive home....

I start dinner when I get there. I open the bag...where are the eggs? No eggs... "Belle, where are the eggs?" "In the bag" "no, no eggs in the bag...did the lady give us two bags?" "No"

Start to open the bacon...the bacon has a big cut in the front...oh why didn't I notice this when I was there???? Send dd to the local, high dollar store to get eggs and bacon...

Finally we eat and I can go to bed!

(btw...I did call Target...they said I could bring my receipt in and get my money back. I also spoke to the dealership...one of the owners...he said he'd get back to me on Friday...guess what? He didn't...big surprise there...maybe he'll work something out and pay for the taxes afterall!? Prayer would be appreciated for that, and the refund for dd's online fiasco)

Blessings until next time!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, honey, what a time you've had! Aren't we lucky that God's mercies are new every morning? Some days we use all of them up and need new for the next day! Bless your heart! I hope you have a nice, peaceful weekend.
hugs,
Rosemary

Anonymous said...

I have an award for you on my blog :)

Susan said...

Oh my word, Bobbi :o( With a week like that you have to wonder what's going on!!!! I'm so sorry about it all. That is terrible about the college. I am always amazed how quickly people and places "take" our money, and how slow and tedious it is to get it back when something like that occurs. The tag agency thing doesn't surprise me. Seems like tag agency's all over the country are BAD. Of course, the main problem is they are part of our ineffecient governments. See you got me on a tangent......sorry.
Susan

Anonymous said...

Making me think twice about taking some online courses to finish my own degree. I remember Alvin CC never having the same answer twice.

I am super paranoid about leaving groceries anywhere since I left a bag at W-M and HAD to drive back to get it.

Scoutie was waiting for us in the back yard today. must have been out a while, he RAN in the pen and started gobbling up his food. Noah has toed a very nice looking web on his pen to try and keep the fence down.