Saturday, November 8, 2008

Respect

I was speaking to a VERY conservative friend the other day. We were talking about the election. I knew she would not be happy about the election results. She mention that she wants to bring her kids up to respect the office of the presidency. I mentioned I know how hard that will be with the lack of values and value of life the newly elected president seems to hold.

After I got off the phone with her I started thinking about it. I became convicted. I realized that I need to teach my kids to respect this new president elect. I need to tell them why from what I feel like GOD showed me.

Here's why...
We might be in a place like Esther one day...the only way we will be able to save ourselves (sort of speak) is by showing respect and the love of JESUS. Maybe things won't get this bad...I don't know, but I want my kids to have been taught to respect and pray a person we don't agree with.

Blessings until next time!

2 comments:

Susan said...

Yes, we are commanded to pray for all in authority. Even Paul admonished to do that, and the Roman empire who was in control of all the world at that time is the one, according to legion, who ordered Paul killed. I think we as Christians have a lot to learn on this subject.
Susan

Anonymous said...

ditto Susan